Monday, August 29, 2005

baby sweater

I've been away doing a teacher training for the past week in another state. DH gave me both maps and written directions to get me there. No problem; I felt so proud at not getting lost -- until on my way back I didn't notice that I was going north instead of south. It was an hour and a half later that I realized I was in another part of the state. I actually did find my way back home, and DH just shook his head. My brother, on the other hand, is threatening to give me a GPS for Christmas. I think what I really need is a chauffeur. (Just think of the knitting I could get done.)
The baby sweater turned out to be a good project for my needs. While I channel surfed I got the back done. I think I need to plan a bit more carefully, though, because I've run out of yarn half way through, so today I'll pick up some yarn, matching if possible, a contrast if necessary, to finish the sweater. So the back is one color and the front is another. Grandson is going to care?
In any case, the sweater is a great quick and cute project, so after I finish this one I'll start a charity one to work on when I want something mindless.
My other project is a crocheted granny square shawl in very bright colors. Also mindless. I think I need a challenging project as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home