Friday, November 11, 2005

Just to keep up to date

No pictures, because I'm working on the sixth slipper and am getting really, really bored with knitting with thick wool on enormous needles. One more pair to go, for my son-in-law, and that is it. The other craft stuff I'm doing is the fabric-covered foam blocks for my grandson. They're going fast and mindlessly. I make one whenever I have a few minutes. With my limited mobility, most of my Christmas presents are going to be either crafty or bought online. In a way it's simpler.
Nano continues. I'm now past the introductory part, which was pretty well planned, and not up to the climax, which was pretty well planned, and am stuck in the middle, where I have to pick up stitches and weave in ends, so to speak. I know what I want to do, and Nano is forcing me to do it. I was the kid in elementary school who would do anything for a star on the chart.
Veteran's Day, and American Patrol is on the radio. We play a band version of it some summers; though of course we play it simpler and slower. It's still cool to hear it. Funny, I am a pacifist, am completely out of sympathy with the govt and everything it's doing -- I can't think of one thing I agree with. But I enjoy playing marches. Go figure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home