Thursday, October 13, 2005

No time to knit

Relatives arrived from Utah to see the wonderful New England foliage, which we couldn't show them. Color is at least a week late this year, and on top of that we've had a lot of cold, clammy rain (11" in one day in Keene, the next town over). However, thanks to the efficiency and basic good drainage in Keene (and the fact that we live on a hill), we couldn't even show them flood disaster.
However, we went down to see the Norman Rockwell museum in MA and stopped on the way back to see my DIL and beautiful grandson (six teeth and counting).
I could have knitted on the way, I suppose, but neither of the other women is a knitter, so I felt awkward. Knitters know that you can follow a conversation and knit at the same time, but other people don't. I didn't, before I learned to knit, and always thought knitters were rather rude to ignore me that way!
The silk and wool hat is almost done. Pictures will be posted as soon as a) I finish the hat, b) I find the camera, and c) I remember what I did to post the last ones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home