Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Post surgery -- I hate my feet


Foot surgery on Friday. Don't ask, but believe me my foot problems aren't because of too many years of wearing high heels. Just bad genetics.
So I've had plenty of time to sit and knit. Not, alas, the gorgeous "swansdown", which I've promised as a post-Christmas project for myself. I have some white baby soft acrylic that is exactly the same white as the swansdown, so I'm thinking of a big, soft shawl, with the swansdown in bands across it. Only trouble is that the small town I live in has no place for the kind of dramatic statement that this would make. I need more scope.
In the mean time I'm making slippers to be felted for Christmas presents -- husband's are done (obviously won't be a surprise), and my brother's. Sister-in-law's are planned, and now my daughter says her husband would love some, and if I was wondering what to make her.... I'm only really committed to the sister-in-law ones (don't have the yarn yet for any others, so I'll see how I feel).
But my wonderful chocolate and great new cd have made the past few days much less painful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home