Thursday, September 08, 2005

Finish up time

I finished knitting the baby sweater last night, but our small town (two sewing/craft shops) doesn't seem to have Kermit eyes.
I'm in a finishing mood, which is good, because I have to put the baby sweater together, and I promised both my daughter and my sister-in-law that I'd finish/put together/block their latest projects. Well, my SIL's project is a vest she started for my brother something like 11 years ago, before they got married (she isn't superstitious, just better at starting projects than finishing them) so there's some question as to whether he can still wear it. I'll block it big. And my D's gorgeous fairisle sweater is something far beyond my abilities, but when she got to the unpatterned part of the sleeves she just kept increasing. Interesting effect, but she was totally disgusted and gave me the sweater to finish and keep. I redid the sleeves and just need to do the loose ends; I think by the time the weather gets cooler she'll be ready to see it back again.
I really need to figure out how to post pictures. Everyone else's blogs have cool pictures of WIPs ("This is my Shetland lace shawl, and this one is what it looks like today after I knit five more inches on it.")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home