Sunday, September 18, 2005

new project

Last spring I bought 10 balls of Filatura di Cosa merino in dark blue for a vest for some man in my family. Turned out no one wanted a vest, so I'm making me a sweater. Easy Knitting, fall 2004, "The Color Purple", listed as Intermediate, I guess because it has some shaping and cables up the front. I've done shaping and have wanted to try cables, so this looks like a good project, and something I'll actually wear. I'll see how much yarn I have left after the body and if necessary chop the sleeves off to elbow length. I'm assuming the blond hair and white teeth come with the pattern, right?
I started a couple of nights ago and am almost half way up the back (no cables, just stockinette). It goes fast, and I love the merino. I didn't think I could wear pure wool, but this is great.
No picture, because the back of a sweater in dark blue in progress looks like... the back of a sweater in dark blue in progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home