Thursday, September 15, 2005

further (final) saga of the froggy sweater


I drove down to visit my DIL and GS yesterday, listening to the hearings on soon-to-be Supreme Court Chief Justice Roberts. I think he'd be witty and charming to sit next to at a dull, formal dinner party -- and I'm scared shitless at the thought of his becoming Chief Justice. We're going to lose right to abortion plus a lot of other rights with him plus whoever else Bush puts in as the other justice. We live in scary times. Still, listening to him and cursing back at him kept me awake during the drive.
Here is GS in his sweater, more or less, and he gets extra points for letting us try it on him on the hottest day of the month so far. He's just wonderful (I may have mentioned that before).
On the way back I stopped at my LYSS (local yarn superdooper store), where I had a gift certificate, and got overwhelmed. Finally got some variegated yarn for a vest and (the big bargain) a 1 and some pound cone of gold-colored wool, enough for a sweater, for only $12 -- and I have some of the gift certificate left!
So now I have good projects to plan while I finish the finishing on my SIL and DD's projects (learned how to do a 3-needle bindoff yesterday), and if the weather will ever cool down, I'll really get into knitting.
And I got my SP spoilee and have heard from my SP spoiler. This is going to be fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home