Thursday, September 08, 2005

Questionnaire

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? I love wool and mohair, but they make me itch. I like blends and soft acrylics. I'm fascinated by the high-class novelty yarns (bamboo, soy and things like that) but haven't actually tried any yet.
2. Do you spin? Crochet? I don't spin, but I do crochet, though less now that I've gotten into knitting.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) Yes (cats) but I have two cats and won't give them up. It's just a small cough.
4. How long have you been knitting? Wow, it's been about two and a half years!
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) No bath products (no tub); I generally like unobtrusive scents. Nothing too sweet.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Dark chocolate without anything mixed in.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I did a lot of needlepoint for years, but have pretty much given it up. I'm interested in trying beading or knitting/crocheting with beads.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like jazz, classical, opera, new age, indie rock, reggae-derivatives, world -- everything except harpsichords, jazz violin, techno, most hiphop/rap, most country; but I'm willing to be converted. If the computer doesn't play MP3s, I bet I can make it learn how.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? I'm an Autumn or maybe a Winter. I especially like glowing teals and burnt oranges and warm purples.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Married, grown children, one wonderful grandson, two cats.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) Finish writing the book(s), publish (have written and published three so far); learn how to make consistently good piecrust; have more good years like the one I'm in the middle of.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? ????
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Rough yarns that won't slide off the needles.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? See my last post. Learning to do a professional finish.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Whatever I'm working on.
17. What are you knitting right now? Momentarily between projects. It's been 12 hours, and I'm beginning to feel itchy.
18. What do you think about ponchos? I've managed to resist the impulse to make one, mostly because I have no idea where I'd wear it.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Denise circulars, almost exclusively.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? See above.
21. Are you a sock knitter? Not yet, but I'm tempted.
22. How did you learn to knit? Long story: the nuns in my 2nd grade class during my year in Luxemburg taught me continental style, my mother told me it was wrong and tried to teach me American style, I was disgusted and gave up for 40 plus years, then decided to try to knit until I could get that great meditative state everyone talked about. What I didn't realize was that achieving that great meditative state would get me hooked on knitting. So here I am. (I knit continental.)
23. How old is your oldest UFO? It's actually a needlepoint project which I haven't worked on for 3 years.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Shrek
25. What is your favorite holiday? Thanksgiving.
26. Is there anything that you collect? I don't collect. I accumulate. One of my life dreams, I think, is to get rid of stuff. I'm not succeeding.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? None.
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on? I buy/borrow (but have managed not to steal) any I want that much.
29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another?? Ditto.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home