Wednesday, December 14, 2005

catching up

Haven't written for a couple of weeks partly because my knitting is stuck on the Teva Loop-d-loop poncho/shawl for my daughter. I like the pattern -- or at least, I like the result (I'll try to post a picture before I send it), but aside from the cast-on the thing consists of about 150 rows of rib stitch knit in the round. Booooring. I can't wait for the holidays to be over so I can go backto knitting for me. And my DIL has hinted that she'd really like some mittens. Maybe I'm just as glad that Jerry has no interest in wearing anything I've made. Not true -- if I make him a shirt he'll love it, but he says he doesn't want a vest or sweater or yet another scarf.
I did make a dishcloth, inspired by my spoiler SP, and except for the fact that I won't allow anyone to scrub anything dirty with it it's a success.
What else? Town Band is in full Christmas swing, and if I do say so, we sound pretty good. Three more gigs and we're done for the season.
And I haven't written anything since Nano. I gave the ms to my writers' group on Monday for their comments, hoping they won't tell me to stick to my knitting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home