Monday, December 19, 2005

Last minute Christmas stuff -- Thank heavens it's almost here!

In the past week --
I finished the shawl/poncho for my daughter, and decided to keep knitting. My DIL had said she might like some mittens, and I thought it would be fun to make some, the simple sew-up-the-side kind. Then they needed a hat (pattern out of the Last Minute Knitted Gifts book). Then I found a pattern, I think a Yarn Harlot one, for a very very quick hat, so I tried that with some yellow yarn that a friend had dyed and spun. I stretched it with some dark green.
Don't try the pattern -- the hat, on the left, will (maybe) fit Miles, who is almost a year old. So I tried the same pattern, enlarged, for my son. The picture doesn't show that it's dark gray and maroon. It does show that that, too, is too small, and will need to have a few rows of single crochet around the bottom to make it wearable. The cat, Bibi, short for Habibi, is after the pompom.
So now I've knitted something for everyone in my admittedly small family -- not for my inlaws, which is the Mormon branch of the family, who are all wonderful, but there are so many of them that I'd never be able to keep up (and new grand-nephews and nieces arriving almost every day). And I haven't made my dad anything. He turned down my offer of a vest a bit too quickly. But I could do a scarf in just a few days....
What I really want to do now is make something for me. The beautiful yarn calls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home