Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy Happy

Last year at the end of December, my husband was still recovering from open heart surgery, my father was still in the hospital, my daughter-in-law was still pregnant, my daughter was still unmarried, I was still a school teacher, I was still on Tamoxifen, and I still hadn't finished a novel. So it's been a busy year, and I just hope the coming one will be simpler.
I've started the set of two sweaters for my friend Betsy's kids, and I have OTN still (there it is again) the cabled cardigan, and the teal sweater, which I'm doing slowly and luxuriously. I have lots of luxury knitting to do this winter.
But at the end of last week, in response to an Afghans for Afghans request for caps, I turned a ss rectangle which I'd made during bored stretches at work last spring into a cap, and then made one of the quicky caps out of stash scraps. Usually I object to AfA's insistence on pure wool -- some acrylics are as warm as wool and a lot easier to wash, too -- but since I had that rectangle already knit....
Resolutions: to keep track of what I make and to do worthwhile charity knitting as well as the personal stuff. And to choose happiness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home