Thursday, January 19, 2006

Back to square one again again again

So I finally measured the beautiful teal sweater back and realized that it will, at this rate, come out to fit someone with 45" hips, which thank heavens isn't me, yet.
I frogged the whole damn thing while Jerry kept saying, "I can't believe you're so calm about it." If the yarn weren't so beautiful I'd just turn it into yet another hat for Afghans for Afghans, but I just can't. I went to the library and found Ann Budd's Book of Sweater Patterns and spent the evening working out a pattern that will fit the gauge (which after knitting 16" of the original back I am certain about). I also have a software program, Instant Stitch, and downloaded the 79-page manual. It will obviously take a learning curve, so I'll stick with Budd for the time being. Wish me luck.
Writers' Group on Monday, and we spent the whole time on my Nano book. Encouraged by all to fill it out and turn it into a real novel, plus several really useful critiques. If I've learned anything through being part of a writers' group, though, it's to have a thicker skin. Wish it would carry over to other parts of my life, though I think if there is any advantage to getting older it's that it's a lot harder to destroy me by putting down my creations. I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home