Monday, January 16, 2006

I'm a piker


On the right, my sister-in-law, midproject. On the left, me ditto. What you can't see is the beauty of the color and the softness of the yarn I'm working with. What you can see is that Miriam, who wouldn't have gotten back into knitting if it weren't for me, started out on her first project in over 10 years doing something that uses size 4 needles, three colors of yarn, and two patterns. On the way up in the car she managed to get everything wound around each other and was trying to get it undone. (No, my brother was driving; I checked.)
We had a great time while the menfolk looked on indulgently. We both suggested that they should take up knitting and that if men generally could think of things to do with their hands the world would be in a better state. Jerry said that he could think of quite a few things to do with his hands. Fortunately my father is a bit (selectively) deaf.
We ate paella, fruit salad marinated in amaretto for dessert.

1 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Blogger K. said...

I got your package! Thank you thank you thank you thank you! I had seen living in oblivion when i was in high school and I had looooved it! It's the coolest gift ever, thank you soooooo mcuh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home