Friday, January 27, 2006

Life gets in the way of knitting

I'm supposed to be retired, so why have I been working so much? It's the part-time jobs that get in the way. I've been teaching three sections of a 3-credit graduate course, and thought it wouldn't take much time because I didn't have to plan it, and besides, most of it is on-line. Believe me, it takes time. Two sections are now officially, or at least almost officially, finished, and the last has only two weeks to go. In the mean time, I'm doing consulting with two local school districts which are starting up ESL programs, and then I got called to do some subbing in yet another school district. I usually refuse to sub. I'd rather flip burgers, but this was a complicated situation involving friendship and the fragility of the program in that district and my worry about the kids who haven't been getting the services they deserve. Anyhow, I'm enjoying it, both because I love teaching and also because I know it's just this week and next.
So I have no knitting progress to report.
People over for dinner tonight. Avocado bisque followed by chicken mole, brown rice pilav, and veggies. Don't know these people well, so dessert will either be fire and ice (strawberry sherbet with habanero pepper) or just plain strawberry sherbet, depending on their ability to take spicy food. And all easy to make.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home