Thursday, February 02, 2006

Consulting

Somehow one of my retirement gigs is consulting on ESL to different school districts -- three, at last count. This would be more impressive if the districts had more than three or four ELLs each. What strikes me as ironic is that I spent 20 years trying to get my school district to accept certain reforms to help the ELLs without much success and having to fight them every step of the way; but now, suddenly, because I'm from out of town and they had to hire me special, they listen to me and then actually go out and implement the suggestions. I'm more credible than I was where they knew me. Ooops, that didn't come out right.
Knitting -- half way up the front of the cable cardi, half way up the back of the reknit teal cardi, back and almost the front of the sweater for my friend's son finished (and I'll be glad to see the end of that), and because I had nothing else to do I started playing with the Rowan that my last SP sent me. She also sent me a pattern for a beautiful scarf, but I had a horrible time counting the yo's on it, and besides the pattern only used half the ball and I couldn't bear to not use all of it; so I'm making a simple garter stitch triangular scarf/shawl. I'm thinking of buying some beads to add to it.
If I gave up all this consulting I'd have more time to knit....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home