Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Fuzzy sweaters


It's partly because the yarn is Lion Brand's "mohair look" from Michael's, which I will never, ever use again, and it's partly because the camera wiggled when I took the picture. Anyhow, these are the sweaters for David and Abbie, promised before Christmas. I got the pattern for the little one from the net, "Quick and Easy Children's Sweater" or something like that, and the larger one is the basic drop shoulder sweater from Ann Budd's book. I added the pocket from my swatch because when I was a kid I always loved pockets. You can't see the fimo buttons (bought, not my creation), but David has little fish and Abbie has flowers.
The funny thing is that I've tried to download a picture of Jerry's feet in the finally-felted slippers, and the virus protection kicks in and won't let me do it. I think his feet are great; don't know why Norton objects.
Other projects in the past couple of weeks include a bathing suit and a slinky long dress, both sewn. I needed a suit to swim at the Y, and bathing suits around here, this time of year, start at $35. I spent $15 on a pattern, $10 on cloth, and $5 on cups, so I've still saved money, as long as we count my time as not worth more than $2.50/hour. However, the point is that I can make a couple more suits and will really save.
The dress, on the other hand, was out of cloth I had on hand, a pattern ditto, and took about an hour and a half, so it really was cheap.
Tomorrow I have a final meeting with the third course I did and on Friday I do a guest lecture on literacy and ELLs in the high school; next week I do a demo lesson and meet with one of my consultees. I think the mad pace is slowing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home